children's writing competition
What is it?
Calling all young writers - our Children's Writing Competition is back by popular demand! Now's your chance to submit your very own adventure story to win some fantastic prizes. Your story can be about an adventure you've been on before, or an imaginative adventure you've dreamed up yourself. Whatever inspires you, we want to hear about it.
What can you win?
There are multiple prizes up for grabs, you could win one of these awesome prizes:
- A Go Ape adventure for you and your Tribe
- Your height in books from Macmillan Publishers
- £100 Boden in vouchers to improve your summer wardrobe
- One pair of Micro Scooters
There will be four winners selected over 4 weeks. The winners will go into a shortlist pile to win the grand prize:
- A family holiday worth £5,000!
What do you need to do to enter?
Simply submit your adventure story in the form below before the closing date. Stories must be between 100 and 500 words and submitted between 12th March 2018 and 15th April 2018. Don't miss your chance to enter! Read the full t&cs here.
entries open on the 12th march
We challenge you not to smile while reading these (you won't be able to – it’s impossible).
Terms and conditions
1. The promoter is: Adventure Forest Limited Trading as Go Ape Ltd whose registered office is at Unit 6, Fornham Business Court, The Drift, Fornham St Martin, Bury St Edmunds, IP31 1SL.
2. To enter the competition you must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry. We encourage parents/guardians to enter on behalf of their child.
3. Employees of Go Ape or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are shown above.
6. The competition period starts Monday 12th March 2018 and runs until Friday 15th April 2018 00:00.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not fully received for whatever reason.
8. There will be 9 prizes in total, including the overall grand prize. 8 winners will be chosen; 4 from each of the two age brackets which are aged 4-7 and 8-12. The prizes include:
a) One Go Ape Tree Top Junior Adventure for 10 people, to be issued in the form of a gift voucher to the winner. b) Your child's height in books from Macmillan Publishers. Your height will need to be disclosed at the redemption stage. c) £100 in Boden vouchers. d) A Micro Scooter e) A grand prize of a holiday worth up to £5,000 provided by Explore! This prize will be issued as a gift voucher which must be redeemed within 12 months of the date shown on the gift voucher. Any additional costs or extras over the £5,000 limit will be charged the advertised price at the point of booking.
9. The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternative.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in any event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random on the following dates; Monday 26th March, Monday 2nd April, Monday 9th April and Monday 16th April using software provided by random.org from all entries received and verified by the Promoter.
14. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner how and when the prize can be collected.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as consent for your entry data to be used for promotional use by Go Ape and their third party partners as listed above. Please be aware that should you receive further communications from Go Ape or its partners, you will be given the option to unsubscribe or opt out.