Carry On... Bonding!
Why is it that the Easter holidays and May Day Bank Holiday always seem to be over in a flash?
Well do not fear we have Spring Bank Holiday and the Summer Holidays just on the horizon ....
One day you're all kicking back in the garden, enjoying a hot cross bun or two (or three); the next you're sat at your desk, your kids are back at school, and you're checking your calendar to count the weeks until the summer hols.
Easter and the early May Bank Holiday may be over, but the opportunity to bond with your family isn't! Chances are, you all got up to some fun things during the break...well, there's no reason why the fun should stop! In fact, having some fun activities in the pipeline will help to lessen the blow of being back in the office or the classroom.
Spring's here and the evenings are getting lighter by the day so get out there and make the most of it!
Maybe you weren't able to hang out with your family that much this Easter. Well, even more reason to start planning some awesome adventures for you to bond over. With a little inspiration from the National Trust website...
here are eight springtime family adventure ideas which do not need a holiday to take advantage of:
1. Take a trip to the forest, find the best climbing tree, and appreciate the view from way up high (just don't forget to hold on tight).
2. Go for a stroll in the countryside, and see who can spot the most newborn baby lambs.
3. Be brave and take a dip in the sea hold hands and all run in together. The UK boasts some truly beautiful beaches; so after your swim, you can spend an afternoon building sandcastles and enjoying ice cream.
4. If it's a windy day at the beach, bring a kite, and watch it dance and twirl in the breeze (before crash-landing into the sand).
5. Set off at dusk and spend an evening stargazing. Pick a spot with limited light pollution, and look out for shooting stars.
6. Gather together some paper and crayons and sketch some pictures of the springtime blooms. If you have flowers (like daffodils) growing in your garden, why not try pressing them into your artwork?
7. Ready, steady, slow! Ask a few snails if they wouldn't mind taking part in a race. Placing a piece of lettuce at the finish line will encourage them to keep moving and in the right direction.
8. Unleash your inner Tarzans in the treetops at Go Ape! The ultimate in family bonding, a Tree Top Adventure will see you teaming up to tackle a whole host of sky-high obstacles. You'll crawl through bridges, swing on stirrups, leap into nets and whizz through the air via zip wire!
With 31 locations across the UK, there's bound to be a Go Ape near you. Book today, and give you and your family something to look forward to.