10 Summer Date Ideas
Summer, with its balmy days and light evenings, is the perfect season to embrace the great outdoors and do something super special with your other half.
And plus, you can guarantee that embarking on an outdoor activity together will linger longer in the memory than a trip to the cinema or a meal for two at your local restaurant!
So, whether you're wooing a new love, impressing a partner of ten years, or maybe even celebrating an anniversary...
here are our top 10 summer date ideas:
1) Take a trip to a local farm and pick a punnet for two of strawberries. You could use them to make a scrumptious dessert, pack them for a picnic, or simply enjoy them in the comfort of your back garden.
2) A swim in the British sea is super chilly, yes. But, a swim in the British sea at dusk or dawn is also very romantic! If you're braving the waters in the evening, reward yourself with some fish and chips to enjoy on the beach afterwards.
3) Forget a picnic in a park...tuck into lunch together on a paddleboat, instead! Take in turns to row to avoid unnecessary arguments and don't forget to just stop oars still and appreciate your surroundings.
4) On a clear, mild, dry evening, escape the city and go stargazing. See if you can spot any of the constellations and look out for shooting stars. If you want to make the evening extra special, pack candles, a blanket, some food and drink.
5) Pick a breezy day to fly a kite together. Watch it soar and swoop in the sky and hope it doesn't nosedive or snap!
6) Lose your inhibitions in the comfort of the canopy at your local Go Ape. Romance is sure to blossom in the trees as the two of you tackle sky-high obstacles on a Tree Top Adventure see if you can woo your other half with your loudest, boldest Tarzan holler!
7) Dust off your saddles, pump up those tyres and enjoy a leisurely bike ride together. Head out into the countryside or pick a coastal route, stopping off at a picturesque spot to enjoy your packed lunch.
8) Do something devilishly daredevil as a duo go scuba diving, sign-up for a couple's bungee, or leap from a plane on a skydive!
9) OK, we know we just bad-mouthed trips to the flicks, but outdoor cinemas are different! There's something mega magical about watching a film under a star-speckled sky. Just don't forget to pack something warm.
10) Spend some quality time together, sans distractions, on a camping trip. Reminisce over your time together and talk about future adventures as you cook food over a campfire (cheesy guitar music and singing optional).