A 3KM Zip Wire Day Out in The Lake District
Calling all tree top zipline fanatics, this one’s for you. Our zip wire experience in the heart of the Lake District takes you flying across seven forest ziplines totalling a whopping 3km.
Like many of the good things in life, Zip Trekking Adventure is best when shared – in fact, you get to race the person next to you! So, decide who else you’ll need to create your dynamic duo and get ready to enjoy one of the most breath-taking places to go ziplining in the UK: Grizedale Forest in Cumbria.
After the safety brief, your outdoor zipline adventure begins with an uphill blast aboard a 4x4 allowing you to soak in the hilltop views, but don’t get too comfortable… Before you know it, you’ll be whizzing past the Douglas Firs with Grizedale’s fresh forest air rushing by. Let’s see how many zip line rides you can land on your feet.
Per Ape 13 years +
Ready to Start Your Next Adventure? Check Availability
WHO CAN GO ON ZIP TREKKING ADVENTURE
- Designed for those over 13 years old and 7 stone/45kg
- One adult (18+ year old) is required for every six 13-15 year olds for supervision
- 16 and 17 year olds can supervise themselves but not others
- Max weight: 19.5 stone (125kg)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All participants receive a safety briefing from a trained instructor
- Wear closed toe, flat shoes, and clothes that could get a bit muddy
- Bring gloves, or buy them on the day
- Phones and cameras are permitted as long as they stay attached. Lanyards are available to buy from the cabin
- Bring change for parking
Located to the east of Coniston Water and to the south of Hawkshead lies Grizedale Forest. Set in the heart of the Lake District National Park, Grizedale offers an unrivalled day out for everyone. Our jewel in the crown features Zip Trekking Adventure - a network of seven tandem zip lines that traverse the sky-scraping Douglas Firs of our Cumbrian hideaway. The Lake District is a hub of things to do with a vast range of activities to spend the whole day out among the trees. Please allow plenty of time to get to Go Ape Grizedale. Roads get very busy in the Lakes so we’d advise you to allow some extra time!
Make A Day Of It
- TREE TOP ADVENTURE
- TREE TOP JUNIOR
- FOREST SEGWAY
- ZIP TREKKING ADVENTURE
JOIN THE TRIBE
Keep up to date with everything Go Ape straight from your inbox.
Sign up to get the inside scoop on fantastic promotions, exciting competitions, plus freebies and much more.Sign me up!
*A £3 booking fee applies to all bookings made by telephone to Go Ape. Prices vary for adventures at Battersea Park.