Zip Trekking Adventure at grizedale forest
Zip Trekking Adventure is a network of seven tandem zip lines that traverse the skyscraping Douglas Firs at Grizedale Forest, providing you with an exhilarating experience of flying way above the forest floor.
The unforgettable two hour experience includes:
• A safety demonstration from our experienced Tribe and use of all equipment
• A 20 minute hike (through one of the most beautiful, dramatic forests out there) to the meeting point
• A ride off-road where you’ll be whisked along winding mountain roads up to the training zip
• Time in our training zone and a chance to practice landing like a pro
• Seven zip wires covering a total distance of 3km – and the certificate to prove you’ve done it!
Per Ape 13 years +
Located to the east of Coniston Water and to the south of Hawkshead lies Grizedale Forest. Set in the heart of the Lake District National Park, Grizedale offers an unrivalled day out for everyone. Our jewel in the crown features Zip Trekking Adventure - a network of seven tandem zip lines that traverse the sky-scraping Douglas Firs of our Cumbrian hideaway. Please allow plenty of time to get to Go Ape Grizedale. Roads get very busy in the Lakes so we’d advise you to allow some extra time!
- TREE TOP ADVENTURE
- TREE TOP JUNIOR
- FOREST SEGWAY
- ZIP TREKKING ADVENTURE
PREPARE FOR ZIP TREKKING ADVENTURE
1.4 METRES (4FT 7)
7 STONE (45KG)
19.5 STONE (125KG)
16 and 17 year olds do not need to be supervised but can not supervise 13 – 15 year olds.
know before you go
What should I wear?
We suggest that you wear something you don’t mind getting grubby. Dress for the weather, so bring along a mac if it’s raining! Make sure your stomach area is covered. Please wear appropriate footwear with soles with good grips. No sandals or slip-off shoes. You’ll need closed toe and heel shoes (with flat soles). Long hair must be tied back.
When do I need to arrive?
Make your way to the Go Ape cabin and be ready to get going on your Go Ape adventure at your booked time. Late arrivals that miss their session will be charged at full price.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- Wear flat, closed toe shoes
- Wear clothes you don't mind getting grubby
- Bring gloves if it's cold