Wintry Weekends At Tree Top Junior
Winter is coming!
Although some of Go Ape will be going into hibernation mode during the winter fear not: our Tree Top Junior courses will remain open, meaning your mini Tarzans can enjoy zipping through the trees every weekend throughout the coming months (NB. Dalby and Grizedale Forest are the only sites that'll be closing their doors until spring).
Just because the temperatures are dropping doesn't mean you have to batten down the hatches and stay indoors every weekend throughout the chillier months; quite the contrary kids LOVE being unleashed in the great outdoors.
What better way to discover the forest than with a Tree Top Junior course at Go Ape?
They'll enjoy a fun-filled hour of canopy exploring and trail blazing; negotiating crossings, overcoming obstacles and finishing on a high both literally and metaphorically with the zip wire of all zip wires.
Kids love living life adventurously and, at only £18 per child, they can do so without you breaking the bank! We've aimed our Tree Top Junior adventure at little monkeys aged between six and 12, but as long as they're over one metre tall, they're good to go!
One thing we would highly encourage, though, is that they're dressed sensibly. Here are some of our top tips for winter attire at Go Ape:
1) Thin gloves are recommended, particularly when there's a chill in the air. Gloves will not only keep their hands nice and toasty, but will also give them a layer of protection against the friction of the ropes
2) Bring a mac, even if the heavens don't look like they're about to open on the morning of your adventure. You never know!
3) Make sure your little ones are wearing appropriate footwear grippy soles are a must, and sandals and slip-off shoes are a big no-no (although you'd be a little mad to be wearing summer shoes in the winter!).
4) Long hair must be tied back.
5) Leave the 'Sunday Best' outfit in the wardrobe this isn't the time for a fashion show! Make sure they're wearing something you don't mind getting grubby. It can get a little muddy in the rain, but this simply adds to the fun!
6) Layer them up. Think thermal vests, t-shirts, cardies, fleeces, waterproofs you can always peel the layers off when they warm up, but you can't add layers if you haven't got them with you!
Finally, make sure you book up your course in advance!
We tend to get pretty busy, especially during the school holidays. You can book online here. We look forward to seeing you and your little monkeys very soon!